New York Notes

Thursday, June 30, 2005

HOW CAN JUNE BE OVER ALREADY?

Since teachers in New York have only been on vacation since Tuesday at noon, how can it be possible that today is the last day of the month only two days later? Actually, since I have been very busy cleaning, organizing and mending (things that I usually put off until the end of August just before Labor Day weekend) I feel like I am off to a great start this summer. And to reward myself, I'm even treating myself to segments of time to read...Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, The Sound and the Fury and Welcome to Temptation are the three books that I'm currently into. The Harry Potter one is really good and I want to get it finished before the new one comes out in mid-July. The Welcome to Temptation book is a fun read for our Pine Brook book club and I'm enjoying it, too. Now the second of Oprah's Faulkner books is a mystery to me and I'm a third of the way through it...it is a mystery why I'm still reading it since I haven't been able to connect with the characters at all and it is very confusing. Not that the 1st Oprah Faulkner book was easy (As I Lay Dying) but it did foster a character connection which helped the reader keep turning the pages...I've decided that I will finish both of my other July books before I pick up the Faulkner book again. (And I won't be taking that one on vacation with me, either! Definitely not a BEACH read, at all!)

Sure wish we were on the beach at the Jersey shore this holiday weekend! Don't know what we will actually be doing but since Al cut the grass this evening I guess he won't have to do that right away this weekend. His garden is progressing nicely with most of the heirloom tomatoes coming along nicely. The bonsai grape vine plant that I got him for Father's Day is really loving the heat of the back porch. It would be a real kick if it actually had grapes!

Well, since I hear snoring from behind me it means that it is that time again...up to bed. I'll try to keep blogging over this 4th of July weekend so I can document all the fun we're having here in Rochester, NY! Oh, to be on Manasquan Beach! When I'm reading, I'm visualizing myself sitting on the black rocks of Manasquan...maybe I can convince Al that we NEED on more summer visit! I am a dreamer!

1 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger Kendra said...

Hi Mrs. B,
Just wanted to say hi. Hope to see you sometime soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home