New York Notes

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

TAYLOR HAM...NOT A HAM, but definitely a PORK product!

Tonight for dinner we finally got brave and tried the Taylor ham that we brought back from New Jersey a couple weeks ago. Can't quite put it into words...but I do think that Emeril would love it since he is a fan of PORK FAT! I had a plain Taylor ham sandwich but both Al and Aaron had theirs as a component of a grilled cheese sandwich! I thought that that would put me over the edge and I think that it would have. It was a lot like a fried bologna sandwich but a bit greasier and a lot saltier! I'm sure I will be drinking LOTS of water for the remaider of the evening. From the lack of rave reviews, it doesn't look like we will be asking Adam and Abbey to bringing us back any on their next visit.

The weather here has cooled so now it is lots more comfortable. I hope it stays like this for a while. They keep saying that it is supposed to rain but Al keeps watering his garden since we don't seem to be getting any.

Tomorrow I head to an all day seminar for New York State teachers to discuss what we need to know if we plan on retiring in the the next few years and since I plan on retiring in the next 2 years to be EXACT, I figured it would be a good time to go again. Al and I went about 5 years ago since they recommened that you should go at least after age 40 and it was informative. Wonder what new they will have to tell us tomorrow...Al is going to come along again this time...Kodak doesn't do anything like this for impending retirees but I wish they did. It does help you look over finances in a BIG PICTURE sort of way. Since the place where we have to go for the seminar is right across the street from the MacGregor's on Jefferson Road, that is where I'm hoping that we have time to head to for lunch. I think it is doable in half and hour...don't know if a pint of beer will help me understand the world of finances any better than without one, though.

Well, so much for today's bloggings...I did take some time to read about 20 more pages in The Sound and the Fury today and my comment is still the same...WHAT THE ()*&(&*%!! That guy was definitely into stream of consciousness but who thinks like that??

1 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Abbey said...

I still have not tried taylor ham yet, and I've lived here in Jersey for over a month. I like ham and bologna, not bacon or sausage though, maybe some day I'll try it, but until then I'm not going to go out of my way to get my hands on some.
I'm getting everything together for the shore, hopefully the forecast improves or we might have our first weekend w/ rain. I shouldn't complain though b/c the past have been beautiful. Hope you guys get to make it down again, and we'll see ya next weekend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home