New York Notes

Thursday, October 18, 2007

TODAY'S ADVENTURE -
Since it has been a month since my last post, I thought that I'd report on the fantastic day I had getting together with 3 old teacher friends that I used to get together with every other week for breakfast on payday Fridays. We had such a great time catching up with what had been happening for the past 10 years or so... The first one of us to retire did so 10 years ago, then the next year, the next of us retired, the year after that the 3rd one retired, and then, FINALLY, this year, I joined the ranks of those ex-teachers enjoying each and every day of retired life. I can't believe that our last breakfast together was over 10 years ago and we fell right into conversation as if not a day had passed. We were a supportive group for each other (a high school special ed. teacher, a middle school special ed. teacher, an elementary school teacher and a middle/high school home economics teacher) and I know that my last years would have been much more enjoyable, if they had been around. I didn't know how much I missed them, until getting back together with them today...those are the things about my career I will definitely miss...not the days of the Spanish Inquisition! Oops! Did I actually write that? YEP! Did I actually mean that? YEP! But back to my visit with my old friends...yes, we are all old...but none of us is near cashing anything in...we are all still happy and healthy and traveling and loving life...loving it more than we ever did teaching full time! We came together from Greece, NY and Geneseo, NY and Pittsford, NY and Saratoga, NY to meet up and we're hoping that this will be a yearly event from now on. Knowing us...and how long it took us to pull this event together today (we'd been trying to come up with a date that worked for all of us for this lunch since the spring)...we probably will!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home