BEFORE FEBRUARY GETS AWAY...
I figured I had better try to jot a few musings here on my blog.
It is a blustery, windy day and the weather headed for Western New York doesn't seem too promising! I'm sure the mild winter we've had up until now will be a faint memory by the time the remaining days of winter take their toll here!
I was reading this year's Newbery Award winner (CRISS CROSS) today when I found a quote that I immediately knew described our basement. "They went down into the basement, which was more of a solid than a space." I guess that should be the inspiration that I need to help Al get most of the teaching stuff out of there and then start tackling all the boys OLD toys. I was trying to figure out what would be "KEEPERS" and I only could identify BOOKS, BASKETS, WOODEN BLOCKS and LEGOS! That would make a big impact, if we could unburden that space of extraneous STUFF! Since it looks highly unlikely that I will return to the ranks of full time teacher anytime soon, I guess erradicating the abode of all unnecessary school stuff would logically be the first step. Now that I have an overall plan, the actual act should be easier to tackle. Next, would be coming up with an overall plan for overhauling my wardrobe. I think that actually could be accomplished along the same lines. I have begun...the space in Adam's old closet has become my staging area and the hallway has begun to accumulate the piles of discards. With the onset of longer days and the upcoming spring cleaning season, I do have high hopes for this year in the organizational department.
It is hard to believe that February is almost over and there are only 4 more months to this school year! HURRAH! I guess that makes only 14 more months until RETIREMENT becomes a reality...another impetus to get busy and toss out the trash!
On that note, I need to get the finishing touches done on my packing...California here we come! I am so psyched that we actually got reservations at The French Laundry! I know that will be only one of the highlights of this vacation in wine country...I'm sure the MacArthur Place and the Yountville Inn will play major roles, too. More next month!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home