New York Notes

Friday, January 27, 2006

2006...A New Beginning!

Well, I sort of got busy at the end of the year...don't we all? I was so into the holidays this fall that I just didn't make time for BLOGGING! Now to catch up! Thanksgiving in Michigan was awesome. Seeing everyone and touching base was terrific. Adam and Abbey drove out from NJ for the first time so now they know what a time consuming trip it is ... puts a new value on their many flights back, I'll bet. Aaron made it down from MSU and everyone else was already there. Made trips to Dragonmeade and Rochester Mills Brewery as well as Meijers and Nino Salvaggio's!

December was busy, too. I spent time wrapping purple presents and acquiring the trimmings for a purple Christmas tree! Even found a local nursery which painted white poinsettias various colors and I got a purple one for us (and an orange one for Abbey...which I kept alive until she visited with Adam the weekend before Christmas). Getting together with everyone for a pre-Christmas weekend before our holiday trip to Las Vegas was extra special and so was our usual meal at Agatina's!

Las Vegas was much more crowded than any of us would have expected. Maybe it was because this was the year of their big centennial celebration but the hotels were
mobbed with people. Aaron made a game of collecting poker chips from as many casinos as he could for a friend back at Wegmans and I tagged on by having him pick up chips for me from any of the casinos that I had been to in in our previous two trips and I added the new places that we were visiting this trip...like the Wynn! The Monte Carlo was a great place to stay. The location was just perfect and the tram over to the Bellagio was great! We saw "O" with Aaron on Christmas Eve and then when Adam and Abbey arrived we saw Avenue Q at the Wynn and the night before we left we got to see Celine Dion! All the shows were AWESOME! The seats were comfortable and even the last row of seats at the top of the Colissium where Celine performed were unbelievable! Worth every penny of the $87.50 that we paid for each of those seats. Glad that we didn't decide to sell them to all of the people who approached us before the show to try to buy them off of us...only Adam really considered that, I think.

January has been unbelievably mild here in Western NY! I know that we will probably be shoveling snow at Easter here to make up for this fabulous winter weather now, but it has been worth it. It actually seems like spring is just around the corner and that is a wonderful feeling for someone who is affected by S.A.D. The amount of sun that we've had this winter so far has outnumbered the sunny days that we've had in most Rochester winters over the past 30 years, I'm sure! If this is the result of global warming, it can't be all bad!

Well, hopefully that is enough of an update to get myself back into the blogging groove. Reading, knitting and soon scrapbooking are keeping me occupied when I'm not actually employed. I'm hoping to find something to do that will fill the void that I'll experience in June 2007 when I'm FREE of the restraints of being employed fulltime! I'm really getting psyched!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home